Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The Mansion..

  Tomorrow Landon and I are going out and looking for places to hold our reception. The first stop on our list is the Smith Trahern Mansion here in town. Its probably one of the oldest buildings here at I believe 150 years old.
As you can see, its very large and very gorgeous, but the sad thing is that its in slight disrepair according to one of the local newspapers.... But tomorrow we're going to see if we can tour it, and decide. I've been there many times and it's beautiful on the inside, just old...The main room is a very light pink with a winding staircase, then there's a smaller purple room that looks to be like it was once the drawing room, then theres a small green room called the modern room, and a rather large kitchen. Then upstairs the room is pale blue, and there are about 3 more rooms upstairs I think. So it would be PERFECT for our reception...And the only reason we're going to look at it tomorrow is because apparently we have to book it ONE YEAR in advance is we wanna use it...UGH...But hopefully it will all work out, I love that old Mansion and it just looks like it would be so romantic.


  We're also looking for other places too, to keep our options open, and so far we've only found one. Some place called WaterStreet Event Center here in town...Apparently its rather new compared to most places and from the site it looks rather nice...I just have no idea if its big enough....but it is pretty...



But  I suppose the only way to find out is to look for ourselves! Anyway, I will give an update as soon as we decide on a place!  OH! And if anyone has any ideas of where we could have this reception in Clarksville TN just let me know!!

No comments:

Post a Comment