Thursday, August 18, 2011

The "Secret"

 

   So, I've been dating this amazing guy for just about 6 months now, and I would say that from about month number 4 I knew I wanted to marry him. He has seen me at my best, and he has seen me at my complete and utter worst. So, the past few weeks or so we've been talking about "forever" and things of that sort, and one night while sitting on the front porch at my parents house around midnight, we were drinking our piping hot coffee and he asked me what kind of ring I wanted. After jumping and spilling my coffee on the ground I smiled and told him that something small and simple would suit me just fine.
 After all this happened, some drama happened in my life...ugh teenage girls....And after telling him of this drama, he said that he is on a mission to cheer me up. Well we went out that night and while he was driving he said he had a secret for me. Well when someone says that have a secret to tell me I get all excited and stuff, so I started prying as to what this secret was. He said he couldn't tell me! I was so annoyed, but I kept trying. After days and days, and did I say days? We went to the pound to pick up a doggy friend for us both, and while waiting I casually mentioned the "Secret", he of course just laughed at me, said I was adorable and nothing else....GRRRRRR. So I asked him to just give me a hint, a simple hint would be ok right? So he said "They are very pretty"....They? Pretty? Hmm....So I thought and I thought and I THOUGHT and nothing came to mind, so later that night I asked for ANOTHER hint, and he said "every girl likes them"..AH HAH! Right then and there I knew what it was, but I had to pretend like I didn't cause I obviously didn't want to ruin something that he had planned. So I kept "guessing". A kitten? a puppy? a teddy bear? He shook his head "no", and I told him that I would quit asking what it was, IF he told me before Saturday...So here is it Thursday night and he said he plans on telling me the "Secret" tomorrow night :) I'm oh so thrilled and excited and I just wish it would get here a lot sooner.

No comments:

Post a Comment