Saturday, August 20, 2011

The beginning of a "Fairytale"

  So, I figured that while I was home I would say....WE'RE GETTING MARRIED!! It became official last night when he apologized that he didn't have my ring, because hes still investing in it :) But oh my goodness, I'm so excited now! His little secret was a dozen of GORGEOUS and HUGE red roses, and a nice walk along the river. I enjoy the simple dates so much! So anyway, I'm hoping that the ring will be payed off by the time out 6th month anniversary rolls around, which means he has just under two weeks to finish it. But I'm getting a head start on everything already, I have my color scheme already picked out, the flowers, the venue, the date, AND the Bridesmaid dresses.  Obviously they will be a different color, probably Brown or a darker cream...hmmmm.
  All I need to do now is, buy the flowers, and a groom's cake, finish selecting the bridal party, find a wedding dress and shoes, decide if i wanna have a large reception with lunch/dinner provided, decide on music, book a photographer....and so on and so forth. But I'm sure I can get this done...I've been checking out books at the local Library on weddings and wedding planners and Martha Stewart Weddings, so I'm good to go. And I found these nifty little drinks called "Pumpkin tinis" that just look so pretty and so much fun, and some other kind of cocktail called the Caramel Pumpkin Pie Tini, and it looks yummy.... I also think I've decided on a cake to be honest, but i have to have him decide with me apparently...ugh Martha.. The one I want is simple and covered in frosted fruit. I just think its very elegant and simple for a simple wedding. But anyway, I suppose I'll let him have SOME say in the matter, since I guess its his wedding too... Anyway, I'm off to plan some more! I should have more updates soon :)

2 comments:

  1. I knew this was coming! lol. That's what I guessed when I read your other post! Congratulations!!

    Ella,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mama is going to one busy lady once y'all finalize plans.

    ReplyDelete