Saturday, August 27, 2011

Becoming a Princess




  So, today my Aunt Laurie and my Grandmother Geri whom I call Nana wanted to take me to look ay wedding dresses just for fun. We went to David's Bridal and were met by consultant Rachael who began asking me questions. "What kind of dress are you looking for?" she asked me, and I told her just something very simple, and that I was really just looking to see what I liked, not exactly looking to buy. So she began running around and pulling dresses off the wall, and then brought be to a large room full of mirrored doors. Asked me to pick out some shoes, and went to get the undergarments while I was looking. She came back and we walked into the room and began trying on dresses. I really liked the first one we tried and I said it was my favorite so far, and then a second which I hated, and then a third which took the place of my favorite....Then my Aunt pulled a dress and brought it to me. It was a little big, and had a bunch of crystals on the bodice, but I figured I would try it anyway. After slipping it on with the help of Rachael I stepped outside the room, looked in the mirror and fell in LOVE!!! This was MY dress! It was made of Chiffon and flowed like it was made for a Princess! The crystal embellishments around the bodice and down the back of the train were simply beautiful...And then, OHHHH then Rachael pulls out a veil. The veil was two layers, one for the back and one was the "blusher", and had very delicate scalloped ends, and on the edges was tiny crystals embroidered all around it in the shapes of flowers. GORGEOUS!!! And then to top it all off she placed a crystal head band on my head and I felt just like a Princess! My Aunt and Nana gave their "Ahhhh's" and then Laurie asked me how much I liked it and I told her that I loved it and it was my dress, and even though my Mother was not present, and even though I wanted her to be so badly, my Aunt Laurie and Nana did the most amazing thing. They purchased the gown for me, along with the veil, the headpiece, and the undergarments. I was so thrilled and I still am! I know our wedding is rather far away, but this gown could NOT wait.


  My consultant was so very great and patient with me, in fact I think I may write her a "thank you" card. She gave me a bunch of Bridal Magazines, and gave me two gift cards to Shutterfly for Photobooks for our Engagement Photos and our Wedding Photos. She was the biggest help ever! I'm just so very happy about this dress and I think that its just so very perfect in every single way possible. Its ivory, chiffon, has crystals, it flows when I walk, its COMFY, and I can SIT in it!! I can't wait to post pictures of it!.....Well, anyway, I wanted to let you all in on what happened to me today! And how happy I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment